If you want to be more engaged online as a business, blogging is a great way to start. By creating a blogging strategy with keyword optimization in mind, you can attract new visitors to your website and gain more customers online. If you’re new to blogging, here are 5 easy steps for getting started:
- Figure out your target audience and follow other blogs in your industry. Before you can create a strategy, you need to do your research. Start by determining who your target audience is, and then think about they types of content they’re searching for online. What questions do they have, related to your product or service? What do they want to learn more about? In addition to asking yourself these questions, you should be following other blogs in your industry to learn about current, popular topics that you should also be including in the strategy you’ll create.
- Create a strategy. Now that you have topics in mind, you can start to put together a monthly blogging strategy. This strategy should lay out all the blogs you plan to write for the month. The more frequently you post, the better results you’ll have. As you plan out your titles, research keywords that are high in search volume and have a low difficulty level so that your titles can be more easily found by your target audience. Google Keyword Planner can help you do this.
- Set deadlines and goals for posting. Think about what you want your blog to accomplish, then go after it. Stick to the publishing deadlines you set and incorporate your goals into the mix. If you want to generate leads via your blogs, make sure you have some sort of call-to-action within your blogs so your audience has a clear direction to take next.
- Add pictures to your posts. Blog posts with images get more shares and will attract more attention. Be sure to include at least one image in your blog post. Also, make sure it’s visually interesting. If it’s not an image you would click on to see more, then choose a different image. More importantly, keep in mind the types of images your target audience wants to see.
- Share on social networks. Once you publish your blog post, be sure to share it on all of your social media networks. This will help your SEO and it will put your content right in front of your target audience. To get more views, try boosting your posts so that a larger audience will see them and click through. Even a small budget for boosting can help.
These 5 easy steps are a great start to creating a blog for your business. If you want to create a blog that’s perfectly optimized and will attract more visitors to your website, contact the Social Jeanie today to get started.