This is one of the most popular questions that I get asked on a daily basis – How can my business page like someone else’s business page, and what is the point of doing so?
If you have a business (and you have been reading any of my blog posts), then you should have a created a Facebook business page by now. Business business pages (also called fan pages) allow people to “like” your page and interact with your brand. When you post on your business page, facebook shows a small percentage of your followers that are online at the time your post. You can also pay a small fee to promote your post, which will show it to all of your fans along with some of their friends. Click here if you want to know the difference between a facebook page and a group.
Facebook fan pages also have functionality to “like” other business pages. Here are the steps to let your business page like someone else’s:
1) Make sure that you are an admin of the page.
2) Click on the gear on the top right of your screen.
3) Select the Facebook page that you would like to manage (if you manage multiple pages they will all appear there.
4) Type in the business page that you want to “like” in the search bar.
5) Once you select the page you can click “like” (just like you would if you were logged into your personal account.
6) To switch back to your personal account, click on the gear on the top right again and select your name.
Why should my Facebook business page like other business pages?
Although a “like” from business page will not increase your total number of fans there are still many advantages. Following other businesses allows you to comment and share other business’s posts easily. When you comment on another business’s post it will show up with your brands name and picture, giving your brand exposure and a chance to engage with other people’s followers. Also by liking a business’s page, the page’s manager might check out your page and share your posts with their followers.