Social media has become one of the best ways to reach customers and market your business. It allows you to connect with them and has become expected that businesses have it. Most businesses know that it helps make a connection with customers and should be part of their marketing plan, but don’t fully understand all of the benefits that social media can have for your business (if executed correctly).
1. Opportunity to Educate – Social media gives you the rare opportunity to educate your audience about your product or service. This is not a place for spamming people with your product, it is a place for educating. Tell them things that can benefit them, not things that will help you sell your product. For example, I posted this article on my facebook page with the intent of educating my audience.
2. Brand Recognition – Social media allows you to periodically remind your followers about your business in a friendly way. If they have taken the time to like your page, then they are you expecting to see your posts. This gives your brand the opportunity to be in the back of your followers’ mind, making your brand the first one they think of when they need your service.
3. Opportunity to tell your side of the story – One of the first places disgruntled customers go to, is to a business’s social media. Although many companies view this as a bad thing, it can actually be a great positive. Not only can you tell your side of the story, but you can also calm the customer down and apologize to them. Surprisingly, companies that take the time to do this are actually viewed better by most people.
4. Authority – By educating your audience, you can position yourself as an authority in your industry. It doesn’t matter if you have a cleaning service, a restaurant, or an insurance company, you can position yourself as an expert in your field. When people need your service they will remember you, because you have positioned yourself as an authority.
5. Target Trending Topics – Make sure that you take advantage of things that are already trending on social media. By talking about these subject you can reach more people and encourage engagement. It will also make your business seem current.
Social media has no longer become a something you should do, but something that you have to do. Not only is it expected by companies, but it is proving to have more and more benefits over time. If you are looking for help managing your business’s social media, contact The Social Jeanie.